Brunel University PhD Scholarship in UK 2022
The Brunel University PhD Scholarship is an award in Direct Chill (DC) Cast and Extrusion Lightweight Aluminum Metal. Grants provide students with an opportunity to get education. If you are in search of an opportunity to advance in your academic career, Brunel University London is a great institution to achieve your dream.
It is focused on developing aluminum metal matrix nanocomposites (Al-MMnCs) with elevated strength, stiffness, and other physical properties, compared to present Al alloys used in the automotive industry.
BU London is a public academic and research institution of higher learning located in the Uxbridge area of London, England. It was established in 1966 and named after the Victorian engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel. In June 1966, Brunel College of Advanced Technology became Brunel University after being awarded a royal charter. The school is often termed as a British plate glass university. The institution is one of British universities that were established in the 1960s after the Robbins Report on higher education.
In the late 1990s, the school developed a 10-year, £250 million master-plan for the campus. This involved selling off campus sites at Runnymede, Osterley and Twickenham and diverting the revenue from the sales to revamp and update the buildings and facilities on the Uxbridge campus. Works done included a library extension, an advanced sports complex, revamped students’ union facilities, a new Health Sciences teaching center, and the construction of more halls of residence.
Established in the year 1966, the university is a renowned and famous for its excellence in research and top-quality education. It is structured into 3 colleges and 3 major research institutes, and rated as the 93rd finest university worldwide in the field of engineering and technology.
Why (BU) London? Brunel offers students a variety of courses, degree programs, educational opportunities, and facilities to support students with their academic, private, and social life.
Application Deadline: August 27th, 2022
- University or Organization: Brunel University London
- Department: NA
- Study Level: PhD
- Award Value: £15,609
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Award Location: UK
Eligibility for PhD Scholarship
To meet the criteria for the Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: UK, EU, and international.
- Available Course: PhD degree in FLAMINGo: Direct Chill (DC) Cast and Extrusion Lightweight Aluminum Metal Matrix Nanocomposites.
- Candidates will be expected to prove experience in Materials Science, Metallurgy and Materials Characterization. They should be very passionate, able to work in a team as well as self-sufficiently, work together with others, and have possess communication skills.
Benefits of Brunel University PhD Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Brunel University PhD Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- They will get an allowance (bursary) of £15,609 yearly, with a payment of their full-time tuition fees for a period of 36 months (3 years).
How to Apply for Brunel University PhD Scholarship
To apply for Brunel University PhD Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- To apply, candidates have to sign up for the PhD degree programme at the university.
- Necessary Documents: Submit the documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 300 to 500-word personal statement summarizing your background, abilities, and experience.
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate Master’s degree certificate(s) and transcript(s).
- English language qualification.
- Contact details for 2 referees, one of them can be a Brunel University academic staff.
- Admission Prerequisites: Applicant will have or be expected to hold a 1st class or 2:1 honors degree in Mechanical, Structural, or Liquid Metals Engineering or a similar field. A master’s degree is not requested but may be an added advantage.
- Language Prerequisites: Candidates should have an English Language proficiency qualification of or equivalent to an overall score of IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all sections).
To inquire further about Brunel University PhD Scholarship, please visit the official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.