National Humanities Center Fellowship at University of Guelph in Canada 2022/2023
The National Humanities Center Fellowship application is ongoing. This is an amazing opportunity for scholars engaged in advanced humanities research irrespective of citizenship or national origin. Every year, numerous scholars from nations other than the United States come to the Center as part of the cohort of Fellows and add to the rich intellectual and diverse environment of the fellowship program.
International candidates must satisfy all the eligibility requirements as emphasized on the competition homepage and should refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for extra information. The NHC compensates round trip travel costs to the Center for the Fellow and those family members who will reside with the Fellow all through their time in North Carolina.
The sum of the allowance awarded is independently determined, based on the needs of the recipient and the Center’s ability to meet them. The Center intends to cover half salary up to $65,000 with the anticipation that the Fellow’s home institution funds the remaining salary.
University of Guelph – About
Over 24,000 students are registered at the University of Guelph every year. More than 800 faculties teach here yearly. Scholars are currently embarking on over 1,800 research projects to make life better in a variety of capacities. Our students, scholars, faculty and staff are conscientious. They are zealous about being here. We are in the same way focused on educating the whole person to groom better citizens of our world. This has been the focus for over 150 years: life, living, always improving.
National Humanities Center Fellowship – Summary
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Awarding Institution: University of Guelph
- Study Level: Fellowship
- Area of Study: Humanities
- Eligible Applicants: International Students
- Country: Canada
- Deadline: October 7th, 2021
Benefits of National Humanities Center Fellowship
Recipients of National Humanities Center Fellowship will be offered the benefits below:
- The allowance amount for each recipient is individually determined, based on the needs of the scholars and the Center’s ability to fulfill them.
- Recipients are backed by the Center’s own endowment, private foundation grants, donations from alumni and friends, and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- The Center aims to offer half salary up to $65,000 with the anticipation that the Fellow’s home institution funds the remaining salary.
Eligibility for National Humanities Center Fellowship
To be eligible for National Humanities Center Fellowship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Interested persons must hold a doctorate or equivalent scholarly qualifications. Mid-career and senior academics are encouraged to apply.
- Emerging scholars with a great record of peer-reviewed work may also apply.
- The program does not support the revision of doctoral dissertations.
- Additionally to academics from all fields of the humanities, the Center accepts persons from the natural and social sciences, the professions, the arts, and public life who are engaged in humanistic projects.
- For further details on eligibility see the FAQs section on the Sponsor’s website.
Eligible Nationalities: Foreign students who fulfill the fellowship criteria are qualified.
How to Apply for National Humanities Center Fellowship
To avail National Humanities Center Fellowship, please follow the guidelines below:
- The program will start accepting submissions for the 2022/23 academic year on July 1st, 2021 with a deadline of October 7th, 2021.
- Candidates are required to fill out the online application form, and to upload the documents listed below:
- 1,000-word project proposal
- Short bibliography (up to 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (up to 4 pages)
- One-page tentative outline of the project structure (if the project is a book, make available an outline of chapters; if not, give an outline of the constituents of the project and their progress to date).
- Candidates will also be required to submit names and contact details for 3 references. References will get an email prompt inviting them to upload a recommendation letter on behalf of the candidate.
- All letters are to be submitted by October 7th, 2021. We advise students to go through our Frequently Asked Questions before beginning their application.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.