Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships at University of Oxford in UK 2022
The Rhodes Trust is pleased to announce Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships Program for foreign students globally, to study at University of Oxford. Until lately, the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships have been granted in 20 constituencies (representing more than 60 different nations). Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships are completely global. The program allows qualified applicants from the rest of the world to apply (dependent on nomination).
The University of Oxford’s establishment date is not really known. It is known that learning at Oxford occurred as early as the year 1096, but it is uncertain when a university came into existence. It grew rapidly from the year 1167 when English students got back from the University of Paris. Gerald of Wales, a historian lectured to such scholars in 1188, and the first recognized international scholar, Emo of Friesland, arrived in 1190. After disagreements between scholars and Oxford townsfolk in the year 1209, some academics fled from the violence to Cambridge, later forming the University of Cambridge.
Eligible Countries: All other countries not specifically mentioned.
Institution: University of Oxford.
Number of Awards: 2
Eligible Field(s): Courses available at University of Oxford
Study Level: Postgraduate
To be eligible, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- The selection committees are searching for young individuals of distinctive intellect, character, leadership, and obligation to service from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 nations) worldwide.
- The four requirements governing the selection of partakers are:
- Literary and scholastic accomplishments (academic merit).
- Vigor to utilize one’s talents to the fullest (as portrayed by mastery in fields such as music, sports, dance, debate, theatre, and artistic pursuits, chiefly where teamwork is involved).
- Truth, bravery, dedication to duty, compassion for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship.
- Moral edifice of character and disposition to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
- The following eligibility criteria apply to all candidates for the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships:
- Residency &citizenship: From any nation in the world
- Age: Applicant must have attained 18th birthday and not have passed their 24th birthday on 1st of October in the year of application. There is some variation on the upper age limit across constituencies depending on the local environment. Please check cautiously the specific age prerequisites for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October after the selection procedure. The Scholarship may not be deferred.
- Education: Rhodes Trust Global Scholarship recipients must have accomplished a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford, to a sufficiently top standard to satisfy both the Rhodes and the Oxford requirements. Please check the comprehensive details provided by the constituency to which you are applying on our ‘How to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship” page and the prospectus pages of the University of Oxford. NB: Some constituencies necessitate completion of your undergraduate degree in the year of application for the Scholarship.
Benefits of Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships
- The award is fully funded.
Duration of Award:
- The main tenure of the funding is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. In certain circumstances, at the pleasure of the Academic Committee of the Rhodes Trust and the Rhodes Trustees, Scholars may apply for a third year of Scholarship to complete the DPhil.
How to Apply
To apply for Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships, applicants must follow the guidelines below:
- It is vital to go through all application prerequisites in the official Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
To inquire further about Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships, please visit the official websites.
NB: You can submit only one Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships application in an application round. Any applicant submitting more than one application each year will be disqualified from all submitted applications.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.