University of Hamburg Scholarships in Germany 2022
University of Hamburg Scholarships program is presently accepting submissions for merit awards in Germany. These opportunities are available for foreign students to focus fully on their academics, and give them the opportunity to grow their skills. This scholarship program supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers of all degree levels and subjects, and those who are very involved in a social or intercultural context.
University of Hamburg officially started running on 28th of March, 1919 by merging the previous General Lecture System, the Colonial Institute of Hamburg, and the Academic College. The University is made up of more than 180 properties dispersed all over the city. The State and University Library Hamburg, the Audimax, the Hamburg University Archive and some other teaching structures are all found in that region.
The University is an all-inclusive institution of higher learning in Hamburg, Germany. It is the biggest research and academic institution in northern Germany, and is one of the most comprehensive academia in Germany.
Since 2019, the entire student body is more than 43,000, with 7,000 freshmen enlisted yearly. More than 4,800 doctoral applicants are registered. 149 diverse majors are offered by six faculties with nearly 700 professors involved in both teaching and research. Furthermore, more than 3,600 academic staff and more than 7,000 administrative and technical staff members are working in the university
Why University of Hamburg? The university offers varieties of degree programs. Students can pick from 150-degree programs in all 6 faculties.
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2022
University of Hamburg Scholarships – Summary
- Academic Institution: The Universitat Hamburg
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Master/Doctoral degree program
- Award Value: €1650
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not stated
- Eligible Nationality: International
- Country: Germany
- Language: English Language
To be eligible, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: International candidates are welcome to apply.
- Eligible Courses: The grant will be offered in any course taught at the university.
- Applicants are eligible to funding if they are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg, and have been registered in a degree program for at least 2 semesters (master’s students can apply after 1 semester).
- Candidates who do not hold German citizenship are not qualified for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG).
How to Apply
To avail, please follow the guidelines bellow:
- Steps to Apply: To apply, the candidates have to do register through the link given below:
- Necessary Documents: applicants must upload the documents below to the online application portal:
- Tabular CV.
- Letter of motivation: use this form (PDF).
- Evidence of social and/or intercultural activities (if relevant).
- A record of accomplishments: STiNE printout or list of course certificates.
- Doctoral researchers and Master’s students are to submit their final certificate, evaluations from 2 professors or junior professors at Universität Hamburg. In acceptable cases, other teaching staff at Universität Hamburg can also prepare evaluations.
- Admission Prerequisites: The candidates need to enroll at Universität Hamburg at the period of application.
- Language Prerequisites: English language.
Benefits of University of Hamburg Scholarships
Recipients of University of Hamburg Scholarships will be offered the benefits below:
- The maximum monthly funding amount is a sum of €720.
- Contingent on the accessibility of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be granted a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 monthly (about 3-4 scholarships in each application round).
- Opportunities based on merit are granted for 2 semesters (total of 12 months).
- It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being granted.
- The maximum funding period is acceptable extraordinary cases are 3 years.
To inquire further about University of Hamburg Scholarships, please visit the official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.